Thursday, February 26, 2015

Love Yourself from the Inside Out

This past week was a hard one for me I was bored and tired of the food. The only thing that kept me going was knowing that this food was making me feel better and healthier. Everyone around me has been sick and yet I haven't gotten sick once. My body is loving the healthier choices and eating REAL food...but my mind is telling me I'm bored. In the Discussions with Dash he touched on how the Mind is a terrible thing for the waist. There was so much information about the science behind food and what it does to our bodies. But more importantly what I took home from it was this powerful message: What are two things we HAVE to have in order to survive? Food & Love think about it, if you have a brand new precious baby you could give it all the nutrients in the world BUT if you did not HOLD and LOVE on that baby it would die. Humans need food to survive for nourishment but we also need love. Love and acceptance from those around us. Along the way I have found myself having thoughts about this specific topic. I have thought to myself if I could just feel like Quynn loved me for all of me regardless of how much I weigh then I could be me the way I am and eat whatever I wanted. I found myself resenting my husband. After the discussions with Dash and pondering on everything that was said last night I returned to Quynn and told him all of my thoughts. I have come to the realization I was resenting myself but blaming my husband. He DOES LOVE ME for all of me. He always has! I'm the one who doesn't Love me for me. I am the one who wasn't happy being the weight I was and feeling trapped and not knowing how to get out of me. I was lost in my own self, I was just trying to blame everyone and everything around me but wasn't taking my own accountability. I need to LOVE me! My goal is not about a number it's getting to the point where I can love me for all of me, weightloss is just a side effect. It's empowering and vulnerable to tell the world that. But this is MY journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment