Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Breaking the Chains to my WHY!

In honor of Dash 's "What's Your Why Wednesday" I feel it appropriate to share my Why with you today.
Those two girls are what make me excited about life! But most importantly they have taught me to love myself. My daughters look up to me, they copy every bad or good action, habit, or quirk that I have and do. They have taught me that body image isn't even a word in their pure and innocent minds. The best part of my mornings are I can look my worst and my daughter will still grab my face to tell me I look so pretty. Body image is created by outside influences that can destroy a girls self worth. I want my girls to know that they have the power to be whoever they want to be. I want them to know that they can achieve the impossible and break the chains of letting society define what beautiful is to them. I am choosing to break the chains of who I am because hearing that "these are my genetics, we are just bigger women" is an excuse and that stops today! My Lifestyle change is more than a number on a scale it's about being who I want to be and finding my own SELF WORTH!

1 comment: