Saturday, February 21, 2015

The Seven Week Itch...it's a thang!

I have always heard of the dreaded seven year itch divorce rates are statistically high around this time in a marriage. For me and my past fad diets the seven week mark is usually about when I plateau and my weight becomes stagnant. So I bust my butt for another week ramping up my workouts doing double time just to watch the scale stay at a steady number. It's frustrating the devastation makes me question why am I even trying this hard? I usually slowly back down and walk away from yet another diet. Well I have hit my 7th week on the Dash program (remember I started early) and even though old habits are creeping into my mind, the thought of eating unhealthy and fattening foods seems appealing...I cannot give in! I won't give in! My mind is telling me it's time to divorce this program. But I won't! You know what keeps me going I steadily keep dropping weight and inches. I know numbers shouldn't matter because it should be about longevity and a healthier lifestyle and in the long run it is about that...but this week for me it's about the numbers it's about taking one day at a time and renewing my relationship with better foods. So those who can, eat a cookie for me and I will grab another salad with berries because I am on a date to fix my love for a healthier life! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment