Tuesday, January 27, 2015

I Can Do Hard Things!

I officially started a version of Dash on my own January 1st. For the first time ever upon starting a diet I didn't want nor have my "final supper"(a binge of all things tasty, good, and fattening). I didn't need to, I didn't want to! I was determined to start the moment I uploaded my video to become a Team Dash All Star. I was tired of feeling like a gelatinous blob..you know the kind that squishes into any outfit because I will be damned if I have to buy the next size up. Yep I was tired of being that girl. So I started! Now in order for you to know dear reader just where the beginning started you must know that dreaded number, my weight, the weight that I felt defined who I was as a person. The weight that I felt controlled me. The weight that I have now learned is a miraculous number that has vanished and throughout these first weeks has faded into abiss. I weighed in at 220 pounds that's a lot of weight for a short girl! That weight also is what I ran my half marathon with. That's right, can you imagine how sore my body was after running 13.3 miles!! I conditioned and trained for 3 months with that weight and didn't lose one pound. That was my final breaking point something had to give and it had to be the weight. I started as a girl that made myself the punt of every fat joke so no one else could hurt me. I have learned in these few short weeks to be amazed at how strong I really am. What other 220 pound girl could run a half marathon?! That's right this girl! I know I can do hard things! I will continue to do hard things because I believe I can! As a side note my weigh in today was 207.6 I am doing this!

3 comments:

  1. You can do this Chelsea your amazing at everything you do

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ROCK!!! You CAN do hard things...then they become easy healthy habits that push you to the next level...the next hard thing 😘

    ReplyDelete