Friday, January 23, 2015

My Journey to a Healthier Happier Me.

It all started with a phone call. I was broken and beaten down, like a modgepodge of millions of pieces scattered around. Weight shouldn't define me but it did! In order to collect these pieces to build a masterpiece I needed to show my vulnerability a raw and true form of me. A phone call that began my journey was to my amazing aunt Susan. Sometimes I feel like we live parallel lives even though I was born a generation after her. We are kindred sisters and sometimes I don't even need to say anything before she understands me. I laid it all out to her every broken piece I had been feeling and torturing myself with. She didn't throw me a pity party or tell me it was ok, or even that she understood what I was going through. She did something better and more powerful she told me she believed in me. She knew the journey that I could start if I chose to wasn't going to be easy but she knew I was ready and gave me the tools to begin my journey (quite literally she bought me a quote that has become my theme for this year, and it hangs in my bathroom by my mirror where I can see and reflect on it daily!)

2 comments:

  1. Chelsea....I admire your strength. Your courage. Your persistence. Your passion for life. Simply...I admire YOU! I see you now believing you CAN and WILL! And while this journey will be of ups and downs, know that I will ALWAYS believe in you when you don't think you can go any further. You can do hard things...and succeed! I love you to the end of the universe and back!!
    💖 Aunt Tusue

    ReplyDelete
  2. You NEVER cease to amaze me. I've always said that I wanted my children to do better, be better than I ever could...and you're here to prove me right. I admire your strength, determination, and incredible self-will. You Go Girl! ~Mom

    ReplyDelete