Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Boy meets Girl

And this is how my fairy tale started...


Quynn and I met through a mutual friend (aka Quynn's sister Stephanie).  Steph knew of this so called amazing RM and asked me how I felt about going on a date with one.  I told her sure but it would only be one date! BA! 3 AMAZING dates later, which by the way included a freakin awesome 11 hour date (mom wasn't too thrilled), I decided I really like Quynn.  But, there's always one of those, I was afraid of getting married too young.  So I slowly stopped calling and kind of avoided phone calls when I could, which secretly killed me inside but fears got the best of me.  Shortly there after Quynn stopped calling and I graduated high school and went on a road trip with some of my besties.  It was a BLAST, but I had this feeling of emptiness.  The night I got home I decided I'd call Quynn and see if he was interested in watching a movie with a few friends.  To my surprise he jumped on my invitation like a fat kid on chocolate cake and bailed out on his friends to come over and watch a movie with me.  From that night on I knew I REALLY liked this guy so we hung out every day until I went to college in Logan (2 hours away). Quynn helped me move into my apartment along with my best friend Lindsey Buck, my super cool mom, and my two awesome brothers.  It was there that Quynn was starting to get a little distant.  I noticed he was probably nervous for a long distant relationship and how much he should put into it if I was just going to burn him like I did the first time.  So I reassured him that I still needed to have a college experience and focus on school but that I wanted to continue dating him. Well after some HORRIBLE dates I could never stop thinking about Quynn. Not to mention my focus on school was no longer there, the spiral downward is what they call it I believe. So December 22nd I returned home for winter break and Quynn proposed.  Not to mention I was super sick and my future in-laws insisted on video recording the proposal I have yet to enjoy hearing my "walrus like voice" as I said yes.  So there it is...the beginning.

3 comments:

  1. Aww! You two are too cute!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow wow I do agree it's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! So glad you have a blog Chels, now I can stay updated on your life :) LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete